Yanbu Journal of Engineering and Science (YJES) is an international peer-reviewed multidisciplinary engineering and Science journal published by Yanbu Industrial College, Royal Commission for Jubail and Yanbu, Saudi Arabia since October 2010, biannually. YJES publishes original scientific works of researchers in the Science and Engineering disciplines.
Aims and Scope
YJES’s objective is to provide a forum for scientific publication and discussion of the advancements in Engineering and Science. The coverage of the journal includes theoretical and experimental findings, extending to a wide range of engineering and science disciplines including, but not limited to:
- Mechanical Engineering such as thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Heat Transfer, Mechanical Vibration, energy conversions, Manufacturing Processes, CAD/CAM, Control and Automation, Product Design, CIM, Maintainance, Reliability, Manufacturing Materials, polymers, polymer composites, and other related areas..
- Electrical Engineering such as High Voltage, Power System Simulator, Automatic Control, Electronics, Microelectronics, Electrical Communications, Electrical Measurements, Electrical Circuits, Electrical Machines, Digital Logic, Microprocessor, Telecommunication Engineering, and other related areas.
- Chemical Engineering such as Mass transfer enhancement, Heat transfer as well as momentum transfer, Catalysis and its characterization, Catalytic chemical reaction, Chemical and Petrochemical Industries, Material, and Electrochemical Industries as well as corrosion and hydrogen production, Desalination, Advanced Process control application, Modeling and simulation, and other related areas.
- Civil Engineering includes Structural Engineering, Hydraulics, Fluid Mechanics, Environmental Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Survey, Water Resources, and other related areas.
- Computer science and engineering such as mobile computing, cloud computing, robotics, wireless sensor network, web design programming, information technology, software testing, hardware technology, multimedia, microprocessors, microcontrollers, embedded systems, assembly language programming, network optimization, wireless network, network security, artificial intelligence, cyber security, internet of things, big data science, blockchain, database, and other related areas.
- Nanotechnology, Renewable Energy, and Novel Engineering Applications.
- Theoretical and applied mathematics, physics, chemistry, and other related areas.
Peer Review Policy – OVERVIEW
YJES routinely screens article submissions for plagiarism. Submitted articles are first screened by the Editor-in-Chief to see if they adhere to the journal’s Aims & Scope, and to assess whether they meet basic quality criteria. If these standards are met, then the Editor-in-Chief assign an editor from the same field of the article and the editor will enlist the assistance of at least three suitably qualified peer-reviewers to assess the paper’s quality and suitability for publication.
The journal will give priority to quality papers that are accessible to a broad readership and discuss sustainable, state-of-the-art approaches to shaping the future of engineering.
After the reviews are received, the Editor-in-Chief makes the final decision on the acceptability of the manuscript. If the paper has problems that can be corrected, the authors will be asked to revise the manuscript in response to the referee’s and editor’s comments. Authors are expected to return a revised manuscript within 4 – 8 weeks and the paper may be sent to referees again to judge if their comments have been adequately addressed. Once a manuscript is accepted, some minor additional editing may be required before publication.
The Journal strives to arrive at a decision promptly, but the most usual cause of delays is the availability of expert reviewers. If a lack of reviews is slowing down the process, the authors may be asked to suggest additional reviewers.
Open Access Policy and Copyright
All articles published by YJES are fully open access: immediately freely available to read, download and share under a Creative Commons license.
Article Publishing Charge
The publication cost for YJES is covered by Yanbu Industrial College, Therefore, authors do not need to pay for submission nor for article processing charges.
Self-Archiving Policy and Copyright
Authors retain the copyright to their articles, therefore they can SELF-ARCHIVE their accepted manuscripts as well as published manuscripts on their personal websites, institutional repository, or a cross-institutional subject repository.
Copyright on any research article in a journal published by YJES is retained by the author(s). Authors grant YJES a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher. Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details, and publisher are identified.
All articles are published under the Creative Commons Attribution License
(https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode), which permits unrestricted, archiving, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided that the work is properly cited.